Wednesday, April 06, 2005

More about Hydrangeas: The American Hydrangea Society

The American Hydrangea Society:

There are some beautiful pictures at this site.

"WHO STARTED THE AMERICAN HYDRANGEA SOCIETY?

The American Hydrangea Society is a relatively young society. Our founder is Penny McHenry, who lives in Atlanta, GA. Her story of how she started this society is a simple one:

In 1975, I was given a gift of a blue hydrangea. It was love at first sight. As I explored the genus, my passion grew. A few years later, I learned I was not alone; many gardeners share my addiction. By 1994, I was convinced that the world's perfect shrub deserved a plant society to celebrate and explore its versatility.

Penny McHenry
Founder of the American Hydrangea Society
President Emeritus"

No comments: