Monday, January 02, 2017

Organizing in 2017

Yesterday I made some lists on scraps of paper, but I’m resolving to go buy a new little notebook for the year and write my lists there. Two kinds of lists fill my scrap paper. One is the one-time chores, and the other contains daily chores.

I hope we’ll improve. Today we finished undecorating the house and yard. Now we must make room for all the tubs and boxes full of our decorations. I suspect everybody else is more organized than we have been in the past.

A newly wed, I have too many things, and I married a man who has even more things. Most of my stuff went into storerooms. One of my goals in 2016 was to stop having too much junk in too many storerooms. My daughter and son-in-law have encouraged me to get rid of the storerooms. They, as well as my husband, who has only one storeroom, have helped. At the beginning of the year I had three storerooms. Now I have only one, which I plan to empty out soon.

If I could find someone who needs an almost new bed, a good couch, and gozillions of books... .

Something big on my list is finding time to write. I have an entire new novel in my head and at least half of it on paper. It will be the sixth Covington Chronicle. Jacob MacGregor, who appeared on the first page of Secret Promise , the first book of the series, will be a minor character. He is always in every book about Taylorsburg. The local marshal, Cecil Canterbury, has been a good man in all the books, but he has never had a personal life. It’s time for him to find the love of his life.

By the way, Caroline, the heroine of Secret Promise, has always upset me because she is so neat. She's never disorganized. Please excuse me for talking behind her back. 
i-Stock (c) 2-21-14 malyugin

No comments: