Thursday, January 19, 2017

A Wet, Dreary, Winter Day

Today is a beautiful day for feeling cozy and laughing with any of your loved ones who come your way. Yesterday I was thinking about what a good Christmas we had last year. We had love and light and a good time with our families. We placed our usual decorations in the closet and pulled out the Christmas ornaments.

Now in January, I've pulled from my closet and hung the beautiful wreath my daughter made for me years ago. It needed a little cheer. The : : Homestarry Outdoor String Lights,Dimmable LED Starry String lights Perfect for Bedroom,Garden,Party,Indoor and Outdoor Decorations (100LEDs 33ft,Cooper Wire,WarmWhite ,Remote Control) (Tools & Home Improvement) wrapped aound the grapevine and strung through the silk flowers made it an object I cannot stop looking at.

It doesn't have to be Christmas to have a little light and cheer. I placed it in a dark spot in the bedroom where I have my desk. It provides as much light as a lamp, and it has a remote control. (Some of these notes are from a review at Amazon.)

On this dreary day, a hot lunch of meatballs, spaghetti sauce, pasta, and mixed vegetables sat on the stove. My husband’s son—my stepson—surprised us with a visit. What fun to have him share our simple meal. He served our plates. We laughed and talked. Then he stirred up a chocolate-cherry cake. Yum.

And I’m writing a novel about a house where people want to go to have a cozy life, but problems keep getting in the way. The name of the new book, which is number six in the series known as the Covington Chronicles is House of Seven.

We’re still working on book number five, which Sarah Walker Gorrell and I published. It is Travelers in Painted Wagons on Cohay Creek. Jodi and Craig Hockinson are busy recording a narration of this one. In it Gypsies, who should be called Romanies, teach their friends by example how to enjoy family life in homes that are tiny wagons always on the move. Here's the cover designed by my husband John for the audible book which will be available soon.

As my life advances through the golden years, I’m learning about the joy of loving those dear to me. I’m enjoying laughing and bantering with my wonderful family. Through writing I hope to show others how much fun life can be.

No comments: