Friday, July 03, 2015

10 Reasons Why I Love the Early 1900’s

1. I simply love to study and write about the first decade of the twentieth century with its intriguing fashions and customs.
2. My father, born in 1898, and my mother, born in 1907, loved telling my siblings and me stories about this time.
3. It was a simple time, still old fashioned.
4. Modern inventions were changing the world at a break-neck rate.
5. It was a time of peace before a major war rearranged the Western World.
6. When people made deals, their spoken word with a handshake was as good as a signed contract.
7. Family members were close.
8. Families shared their joys and sorrows around the fireplace and dinner table.
9. People worked hard for a living, and work made a difference.
10. The government wasn’t complicated.

So far I've written three novels in a series, The Covington Chronicles, about this time: Secret Promise, The Courtship of Miss Loretta Larson, and The Dream Bucket.






No comments: