2. My father, born in 1898, and my mother, born in 1907, loved telling my siblings and me stories about this time.
3. It was a simple time, still old fashioned.
4. Modern inventions were changing the world at a break-neck rate.
5. It was a time of peace before a major war rearranged the Western World.
6. When people made deals, their spoken word with a handshake was as good as a signed contract.
7. Family members were close.
8. Families shared their joys and sorrows around the fireplace and dinner table.
9. People worked hard for a living, and work made a difference.
10. The government wasn’t complicated.
So far I've written three novels in a series, The Covington Chronicles, about this time: Secret Promise, The Courtship of Miss Loretta Larson, and The Dream Bucket.