Sunday, July 09, 2006

It all started a few months before Katrina hit . . .

After Katrina, my friends asked for more Louisiana recipes, stories, and facts.
As a result, I revised Flavored with Love.

It all started before Katrina hit. People all over Mississippi, Texas, and Louisiana were buying and reading the cookbook. Then they begged for more south Louisiana food and experiences.

A lady who owns a gift shop deep down in French country asked me, “How many ingredients do you have in these recipes?”

I said, “It varies. They are all simple to cook, but some of them have as many as 20 things you have to shake into the pot.”

She said, “Good. I’ll sell it in my store. You can’t make food taste right without at least 11 or 10 ingredients.”

About that time Christie and Mike (my daughter and son-in-law) moved across the Mississippi River from Modeste to St.James Parish. Paul (a fellow cookbook writer) and I went to help build a fence around their yard.

To begin the project, Christie went next door to the Kellers’ house, introduced herself to Ms. Hazel, and asked her where the property line was.

With a clear understanding of the acceptable location of the fence, Christie and Paul went to work. About 30 minutes later, a man riding in a little hauling tractor with a load of tools in the back came driving down the street and up the driveway.

Go to www.FlavoredwithLove.com to read the rest of the story.



Get This Amazing Collard Story Cookbook, The Collard Patch, Now!




Get This Amazing Southern Cookbook, Flavored with Love, Now!


No comments: