Saturday, March 12, 2005

Recipe: Japanese Fruit Pie

Terry Chrisman gave me this easy and delicious pie recipe. She said that some people prefer to put a top crust on, but she likes to leave her pie open.


Japanese Fruit Pie
1 (9") piecrust
1 stick (1/4 pound) butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon vinegar
½ cup coconut (shredded, sweetened, and dried)
½ cup pecans
½ cup raisins

Combine the ingredients in the order listed. Pour into the piecrust and bake 40 minutes at 350°.

Note:
When I pour ingredients into an uncooked piecrust, I sometimes have a problem. The piecrust rises slightly and things get all mixed up. Since Terry has a fantastic oven, she probably never has this problem; she pours the filling straight into the crust. I’ll tell you how I solve the problem in case you have a history like mine. I cook the piecrust 5 minutes and mash it flat before adding the filling.

No comments: