Thursday, August 27, 2015

Jodi Hockinson, Narrator of The Courtship of Miss Loretta Larson

Interview with Jodi Hockinson

Part 1

Jodi recently recorded  The Courtship of Miss Loretta Larson.

Always eager to know the person behind the voice a little better, I asked her for an interview. (Actually I've become well acquainted with Jodi. She is warm, enthusiastic, and professional. She's punctual and dependable. She  always gives more than she promises.)

Jodi lives in Palm Coast, Florida. Here's a picture called First Light Over the Atlantic, showing the loveliness of Palm Coast. 

As you read about Jodi,  try to catch a glimpse of her beautiful spirit. 

1. How did you become interested in narrating books?
My first husband suffered from a brain tumor, and although he loved to read, he was unable to, because reading for him caused horrendous headaches.   Over the years, I read many books to him.  He loved historical fiction, spy novels and horror fiction.

2. Do you also write books?
Yes, I have written a number of cookbooks for people with gout, and a cookbook for people with ulcerative colitis (as Jodi Schneiter).  I also wrote and narrated, "Make Money with Florida Taxes."

3. Tell us about your company.
Southeast Media Productions, a full service production company.  We produce voice-overs, motivational (self improvement) or informative audio as well as story telling for adults and children.  We have produced documentaries, countless local commercials, public service announcements, promotional videos, etc.
4. Where did you study?
I have a B.A. in Social Sciences/History from Thomas Edison State College, an A.A. in Liberal Arts with Polk State College, and am nearing completion of an A.A.S. as a Dietetic Technician with Central Arizona College.
5. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Houston, Texas.  My mother was from South Dakota, and my father was born in Buffalo Springs, Texas.  Although we lived in the south, I did not get a chance to get my first taste of grits until I was about eleven.  I have been in love with them ever since!

INTERVIEW TO BE CONTINUED.






1. 07-09-15 © Kenneth Keifer (I-Stock)

2 .08-05-15 © BigJoker (I-Stock).

3 .Southeast Media Productions

4. 2-28-08 © Laura Clay-Ballard (I-Stock)

No comments: