My Sister Ruth Ishee's Biscuit Recipe
2 cups self-rising flour
2 tablespoons shortening
¾ cup milk (approximately) any kind of milk—buttermilk is good
More self-rising flour (about ¼ cup)
Non-stick cooking spray
• Blend the shortening into the flour until it is in pieces about the size of small peas.
• Mix the milk into the flour.
• Make the mixture as moist as possible, and still have it in good condition to handle.
• Form the dough into a ball.
• Sprinkle flour on a cutting board; lift the dough onto the board.
• Flour your hands. Knead.
• Shape the dough into biscuits by rolling them in your hands. Place them in a greased pan.