Serve this dish with rice. (Cook 1 cup rice with 2 cups water.)
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 ribs celery
1 large green bell pepper
1 large purple onion
2 cloves garlic
1 pound Louisiana crawfish with fat
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more)
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Mince the garlic and finely chop the other vegetables.
- Place the butter and oil in a heavy duty skillet or dutch oven.
- Sauté all the vegetables except the green onions until tender.
- Add the crawfish and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch and seasonings in the water until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the conrstarch mixture and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the green onions.