Sunday, November 12, 2017

Dream big. Believe.

My daughter gave me a beautiful bangle bracelet with two charms. One says DREAM BIG and the other says BELIEVE. By giving me this bracelet, she gave me a way to stay focused on what I believe. "Mama, " she said, "I'm just giving you what you taught me."

She dreams big, thinks big, and believes good will come to her as she spreads good all around. She loves her husband, who has a big love for her, and they have dreams of the fun they'll have every Saturday. She loves her church, she loves her God,  she loves all her family, and she loves her community. She loves her job, and she believes in what she is doing. She loves her big dog and dreams of taking him on a walk every day she can.
Cover by John Cooke

I dream big too. My biggest dream is to give you a book to read you will love. Of all my attempts to do so--of all the books I've published--one reaches the hearts and minds of more of you than all the others put together.

Wearing my bangle bracelet today to church, I think I discovered some of the reasons why this book has touched so many readers. The name of it is The Dream Bucket.  It's the story of two families in the same neighborhood...two families who lost many of their dreams and found it necessary to make new ones.

Maybe we are all like that. Maybe we have dreams on our lists and in our buckets. When some of them fall out of our buckets, thus becoming impossible to attain, we need to realize it's time to look for new dreams and to DREAM BIG.

What's in  your bucket?

No comments: