Monday, April 03, 2017

Writer’s Block


Sunday afternoon, Matt, John’s dear friend... also my friend, came by for a chat and a cup of coffee. He asked me how my writing was going. I told him I have a wonderful book in my head, but lately I haven’t had time to put it on paper.

Then I trailed into a long explanation of how I’d been busy working on income tax, traveling, re-organizing my closet, blogging etc.

“I hope you get over your writer’s block soon.” Matt looked at me knowingly. “And I hope I start playing the piano again.”

“You play all the time at church and at your gigs,” I said.

“I am talking about playing for ME. And practicing too.”

“Oh.”

“Mary, give yourself an hour of each day to work on the thing you love. Write your book.”
Writer’s block can be insidious.  

Travelers in Painted Wagons on Cohay Creek


No comments: