Saturday, October 14, 2017

Interview with Shreveport Author, Margaret Zadow


Margaret Zadow (Margaret Franklin Zadow) suffered from polio when she was a young child. After persistent efforts made by the hospital staff and a grim struggle on her part, Margaret learned to walk again. She's still walking through her productive life.

A talented author who lives near Shreveport, she is active in Grave Expectations Writers’ Group.


She writes with precision of vocabulary, grammar, and punctuation. Her sentences are intriguing, and her cozy mystery novels include hilarious scenes.

When I spend time with Margaret at the Grave Expectations meetings, I learn ways to improve my craft as we bounce ideas around the room at Podnuh's on  Barksdale Highway the second Saturday of the month beginning at noon. The meetings are an inspiration to novelists. Yesterday the meeting lasted four hours. It was a privilege to interview her.

Margaret Zadow

Margaret, where did you grow up?
I grew up in Falls City, Nebraska.

What is your fondest childhood memory?
First trip home from the hospital after having polio and relearning to walk.

Who are some of the writers who have influenced you?
·         Agatha Christie

·         Miss Sargent, my freshman English teacher

Of the books you have written, which is your favorite?
My favorite story of mine is Who Killed the Scumbag?

Why?

It was fun to write.


Margaret, it was fun to read. How can it be obtained?

What are some of the other books you have written and published?
Murder of the ABC’s is about a group of women who meet for a reunion and are being killed. The hostess’s niece is the primary character and finds herself a target of the killers.


Sing a Song of Murder is about a woman who sings in a church choir where members are killed. While looking for the killer, she falls in love with a popular evangelist.



What is your next book to be published?
My next book may be Murder of Tom Wankersheimer. However I’m also thinking of writing about the years I had polio.

In your writing, what do you seek to accomplish?
Self-satisfaction. I have had a need to write.

What do you want to tell your readers?
I want to honor and teach about God in my writing.

Thanks, Margaret, for sharing your thoughts about your writing. It is an honor to know you. You readers would love to read your memoir.

No comments: