Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Taylorsville's Local Artist Who Uses Gourds as a Medium


Nicky is participating in a lovely gourd display at Evon A. Ford Memorial Library, 208 Spring Street, Taylorsville, MS 39168-0430. She's featuring her concept of The Dream Bucket. As the author of The Dream Bucket, a family inspirational novel staged near my imaginary town of Taylorsburg, MS, I am so happy about this display I could explode, or bust wide open, as I used to say back when we were kids in Taylorsville.
Nicky has written a poem about The Dream Bucket
and featured it on the gourd. It can be found on
https://collardpatch.blogspot.com/2017/08/nicky-blakeney-gourd-artist-4_27.html

The Dream Bucket is only one shelf of the library's interesting display. I'm grateful to Nicky Blakeney, amazing local artist; Joyce McKinley, the librarian; and the Friends of the Library, including the town's mayor, Rosalyn Glenn.

I feel sure Taylorsville, Mississippi, has many other talented artists besides Nicky Blakeney. For example, Sarah Walker Gorrell is an amazing local author. Please drop me a note on my Facebook message page (Mary Cooke) about other artists and creatives in my hometown.

Nicky became interested in the concept of The Dream Bucket when  she read the novel. She wrote in a review on Amazon: "If you like good 'clean' reading, with a good story line that moves along smoothly this is it. Set in the deep south at the turn of the century, she brings her characters to life and you feel as if you may know them."

The Dream Bucket at Amazon







No comments: