Friday, September 15, 2017

Taking The Dream Bucket to the Delight, Arkansas, Super Book Signing

Growing up in the backwoods between Hot Coffee and Taylorsville, Mississippi, and riding watermelons for life preservers in Cohay Creek...eating the watermelon on the cliff that overlooked the sandbar down at the creek...I exchanged stories with my brother predictions about all the great things we hoped to do when we finished growing up.

Unlike my brother, who had plans to succeed in business someday in the big cities, I wanted, among other things, to be a writer. From my earliest years I hoped to write novels that readers would enjoy. Mama instilled the idea into us that we could do what we wanted if we tried hard enough. My brother did, but I wasn't sure whether I could ever write anything that people would want to read.

And yet I did. My novel, The Dream Bucket, about a young girl and her mother overcoming grief and managing to survive in the worst of times, has been on Amazon's best seller list quite a number of times.

The statistics on this picture represent a sales report in 2016.
I feel as though I've really arrived. All the way from Hot Coffee--and some other places along the way such as Shreveport, where I now live--I'm traveling to Delight, Arkansas, to sign The Dream Bucket at the Delight Music Fest Super Signing on September 30, 2017. Arkansas, here I come.




No comments: