Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Recipe: Scrambles (Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables)


You may add many different ingredients to Scrambles. This recipe is a suggestion. You will have 4 generous servings.

Ingredients
½ cup each:
Diced potatoes
Chopped onions
Frozen chopped broccoli
Frozen chopped collards
Frozen diced bell peppers
Frozen whole kernel corn
5 large eggs
½ cup cream cheese, cut in blocks
½ cup grated Colby/Jack cheese
2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
Shake of red pepper
Shake of salt or salt substitute
½ pound chopped Cajun sausage
1 tablespoon minced garlic
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon jalapeño slices, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon lime juice

Preparation
· Chop the vegetables finer if preferred or needed.
· Whisk the eggs with the cream cheese and grated cheese. Add the curry powder, red pepper and salt to the eggs; whisk the mix some more.
· Brown the sausage, potatoes, and onions.
· Add the broccoli, collard, bell peppers, corn, garlic, and baking soda; continue to stir fry them until the potatoes are almost tender. Do not overcook.
· Add the jalapeños, tomato, and lime juice.
· Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and scramble all the ingredients together until the eggs are set.

Variations
· Use another meat if you prefer, such as ham or salami.
· Select other vegetables, such as mushrooms or English peas, as you wish.

Serving Suggestions
· Roll into crepes or flour tortillas.
· Serve with sauce as desired, perhaps zesty steak sauce or barbecue sauce.
· Try Vidalia® Blossom Sauce.

LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER—

You are running out of time to take advantage of this great special!

I'm running low on my stock of Flavored with Love cookbooks! I need to clear them out for the next printing. Get in touch with me before July 4, 2005, and I'll let you have a Flavored with Love cookbook for only $11.95. I've never lowered the price on a single copy of the cookbook before, and I'm not announcing this offer anywhere except here in the Collard Patch and in a letter to my cooking group.

You will find the offer on my website if you click on this hidden link, http://www.FWLCookbook.com/specialoffer.html

Go ahead and order one or several books now because I want you to have a chance to get one before I sell out of this batch. You'll love all those wonderful stories about cooking that my family and friends have told me.

Just imagine taking a bite of my son-in-law Mike’s Barbecued Shrimp—the best I’ve ever tasted. Your mouth will water like never before when you experience my friend Paul’s Smoked Wild Duck. Wash down this delicious food with the best lemonade you’ll ever put in your mouth—Grandpa’s Lemonade made by a secret method.

This is a bargain--Flavored with Love for just $11.95! If you live in Louisiana, add $1.02 for sales tax. Shipping is $3.00.)

You can use PayPal by going to http://www.FWLCookbook.com/specialoffer.html If you prefer, just send a personal check to 207 North Service Road, East #213, Ruston, LA 71270.

No comments: