Sunday, July 12, 2020

Jodi's Crabmeat Salad


Jodi Hockinson, who is publishing my books, is an excellent cook. She is generously sharing a recipe. This looks tempting, and it is easy to prepare. Here is Jodi's recipe with special instructions:

My Favorite Crabmeat Salad

This is my go-to dish for pot lucks.  I normally use imitation crab meat in this recipe, because I like the red color accents, and because I have friends who have shellfish allergies.  If you decide to use real crab meat, switch the green bell pepper to a red one.  
Crabmeat Salad

1 pound imitation crabmeat, finely chopped
1 medium Vidalia onion, minced
1 jalapeño pepper (pith and seeds removed), minced
1 green bell pepper (pith and seeds removed), finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl and fold until all is evenly distributed.   Add a little cayenne pepper to your taste, especially if the jalapeño is a mild one. Makes about 5 cups of salad.

The pic shows a serving of crabmeat salad along with cool ranch nachos and a spring mix salad.

Thanks, Jodi, for sharing!


No comments: