Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Burden of Proof: A Nail Biter

What books have you read lately?

Here's one I just finished and thoroughly enjoyed: Burden of Proof

The cover caught my eye.

I'd like to share my review of it on Amazon:

Burden of Proof will cost you sleep. The two main characters, Jason and April, don't sleep much, and neither will you until you finish reading it. Be careful--this book is a nail biter. The tension starts at the beginning and goes through the last scene.

It has bonus effects. The opening scene made my heart race with its reality. The sensory authenticity caused me to smell the blood, wonder how the stains would be removed, feel the barbed wire, hear the sirens, taste the smothered liver and greens at the east Texas diner, and feel the softness of a baby girl's cheek. I bought it in Kindle form so I could listen to it and read it at the same time. Listening to it made it come to life. For me, an important test of a good book is dialogue that pleases my ears. Burden of Proof met that requirement.

Another bonus effect is the humor included. I could imagine a thirty-something petite FBI agent swapping clothes with a little senior citizen. April, the FBI agent, runs from a Texas Longhorn named Romeo until she tears the elderly lady's long dress, loses the borrowed shoes, and squishes her bare toes into the soft black soil found in a cow pasture.

I bit my nails over the suspense of this thriller, but what kept me reading was the romance.

If you haven't read a DiAnn Mills novel before, this one is an excellent starting place. It's her best book yet in my opinion. Also, it's the first book of a new series.

Have an enjoyable time reading Burden of Proof.


No comments: