Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Promises, Promises

Good Grief

In my writing, I've made promises to continue in one series or another, but sometimes life takes me a different direction. For example, I promised to write more books about grief. I worked halfway through another book, which was an interview with someone, but the person being interviewed had other projects. So did I. I should get back to sharing thoughts about grieving. I apologize for not doing so sooner.

Although I have written only one little e-book about grief, a dominant theme in many of my books has been grief on some level.

I'm Choking . . . But Life Moves On Along the Path of Grief (Insights about Grieving Book 1), I've written about grief in most of my other books.

Shame on me. The title says it is Book 1. I'll try to write Book 2 soon. This week someone wrote me a note asking to read Book 2. Grief is such a large part of life, and it seems as I grow older, it hits hard and often. I don't toughen up or become philosophical about it though. It's just there,
and we have to cope.

No one has written more eloquently about grief than David and the others who wrote Psalms. The Psalms help. Grief and many other negative emotions are laid out in plain view with no effort to sugar-coat the pain. Then at the end of most Psalms, there's a resolution. It's good to read these at bedtime with the assurance that God has a plan and he's taking care of each of us in the unique ways you and I need.

Here's a list of some of the other ways I've talked about grief. Having mentioned the beautiful Psalms, I hesitate to offer my books to you, but they are what I've been led to write on the level of inspiration given to me.

SECRET PROMISE is a story about a young woman whose mother died when the main character was so young she cannot remember much about her mother.

THE COURTSHIP OF MISS LORETTA LARSON is the story of a young woman who lost her sweetheart and parents in an epidemic.

THE DREAM BUCKET is the story of a mother and her daughter dealing with the death of the husband/father.

MANUELA BLAYNE is a story about the same little girl in The Dream Bucket. She has new grief.

TRAVELERS IN PAINTED WAGONS ON COHAY CREEK is the story of a young boy who nurses his mother. She has terminal cancer. (co-authored with Sarah Walker Gorrell, author of Tales from the Porch.)

HOUSE OF SEVEN is primarily a comedy, but it deals with some profound losses. Those were all in a series taking place in the early 1900's.

ABI OF CYRENE, occurring in the first century A D, is about a young woman, Abi, who grieves over the loss of her mother.

AS DOVES FLY IN THE WIND is a romance set in modern south Louisiana. Both the hero and the heroine grieve over lost mates and regrets about failed marriages.

All of my novels listed here are on Amazon as recorded books, paperbacks, and Kindle EBooks.

By the way, an enlightening book about grief is called GOOD GRIEF by Granger E. Westberg .

No comments: