Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Five Prizes

How do you make broccoli salad?

When I compiled and wrote FLAVORED WITH LOVE, which includes recipes from my friends and family, I published two broccoli salad recipes because I liked both of them.

I've been wondering whether some of you have other ideas about making broccoli salad. Send me your recipe at MaryLCheatham at gmail.com. The contributors of the five best broccoli salad recipes will receive free copies of FLAVORED WITH LOVE!

Please send me your recipe by March 30, 2010.

1. Broccoli Salad
1 bunch broccoli (Use only the flowerets.)
½ cup red onion
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup celery

Combine the above ingredients.

Dressing
1 cup Miracle Whip® (We use the low fat.)
¼ cup white vinegar
¼ cup sugar

Combine the dressing ingredients and stir the dressing into the salad.

2. Broccoli Salad
4 cups broccoli
½ cup raisins
½ cup nuts
½ cup onion
½ cup celery
½ cup real bacon bits
½ cup light mayonnaise
½ cup sugar
¼ cup vinegar (apple cider or white)

Mix the first 6 ingredients. Make a sauce out of the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar. Pour the sauce over the salad. Toss and chill.





Get This Amazing Collard Story Cookbook, The Collard Patch, Now!Get This Amazing Southern Cookbook, Flavored with Love, Now!

No comments: