Sunday, June 21, 2020

Tammy Kirby--A Virtual Interview

Visiting with Louisiana author, Tammy Kirby...

What is your most recent book? 

Vengeance Is Mine Saith Mi' Lord  It is number 3 in my Haven House series set in Victorian England and Scotland

What is it about?

It is about sex trafficking in Victorian England and a group of people helping to save the women and children caught up in it. Haven House is a refuge for them that teaches them about Christ’s love and forgiveness. They also teach them different trades to help them survive in a life that would normally be considered bleak and hopeless.

What inspired you to write it?

God used Francine River’s Redeeming Love to inspire the series. He told me to write beneath the surface. That is what I have done in this series. Forgiveness is so important in our lives, but it is a choice. My characters face the decision to forgive the unforgivable in each of these books.


When did you start writing?

In my early twenties, but I hid it in my cedar chest. Lol. I began writing seriously in my early thirties. That’s been twenty years or so ago now.

What inspired you to write?
I guess God used my love of reading to inspire me. I want my readers to walk away from my books and remember them fondly twenty plus years down the road like I do Redeeming Love. I want to show the world how God can take any sin and turn it around with His forgiveness and love.

Why did you select historical romance as your genre?

Because that is what I love to read about. I like escaping to times past. Life was simpler then and who doesn’t love a good romance?

Explain the times and places you write about.

I write Victorian England Inspirational romance and Medieval Scotland time-travel Inspirational romance. I also have a Medieval England Inspirational romance in the works.

What is your purpose as a writer?

To show the world how much our heavenly Father loves us even in our sin.

Besides writing, what else do you do?

I work in a rural Emergency Room as a Registered Nurse. I am also a licensed Cosmetologist and still dabble a bit in that.

What are two other novels in the series? 

His Grace Forgiven

God dropped the seed for His Grace Forgiven in my heart with these words, 'Can you forgive the unforgivable?' I pondered the question for a while, then realized, yes I already had. Maybe that's why He gave the job to me.

I faced a lot of opposition in writing His Grace Forgiven. Some people, from editors to critique partners, wanted me to change the accidental rape to her being a willing participant. Good people have been doing stupid things while under the influence for years. This book does not glorify rape. It's about forgiveness. Apparently this is pretty important to the Lord.

His Grace Forgiven is meant to be thought-provoking. (Not my idea, that was all God.) It's about going beneath the surface in your own life and facing the hard questions.  Why did it happen? Why would God expect me to forgive this? Why would He sacrifice His life for such as them? Hmmm.

I promised God that part of the proceeds from the sale of HGF would be donated to help women and children who are forced into sexual slavery. Yes it has been happening for hundreds of years and it is still happening today. If this book helps only one person, it was worth every drop I bled to bring it to print.
In His Grace, Tammy




Order
Joy to the Earl

Miss Abbigail Thorne has no use for the Earl of Waverly. It's his fault she's been carted off to London to learn how to be a lady. She didn't mean for him to be tossed into a mud puddle. Blissfully unaware that her life is about to change, and that maturity approaches with indescribable pain, she remains oblivious and carefree, she believes herself to be a strong godly woman, but when heartache arrives in waves that continue to knock her to her knees, will she trust in God and the love of her husband, or will she give it all up to hold onto her hurt? 

Chase Montclair, Earl of Waverly rides the fence spiritually. He goes to St. George's sporadically, but he imbibes in spirits a lot. And the lovely ladies need companionship. Who is he to deny them? That is, until he admits his love for the woman who exasperates him beyond belief. Before he makes the decision to surrender to God and Abbi, in a fit of anger he has one last fling. He didn't know it would bring him his worst pain and his greatest Joy.

Order










No comments: