Sunday, August 27, 2017

Nicky Blakeney, Gourd Artist, 5

NICKY BLAKENEY AND THE DREAM BUCKET
 When Nicky read my novel, The Dream Bucket, she found the ideas presented in it an inspiration for bringing happiness and hope into life. She decorated two gourds about The Dream Bucket,  and she wrote a poem about it:




The Dream Bucket
 I have a beautiful dream.
 I keep it in my Dream Bucket
 With my pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters.

I feed my bucket every day, 
Pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. and 
Sometime I add a buck or two to help it grow much faster.

Someday when my Bucket is full, 
My dream will come to be, 
Because I saved my pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters
To make that dream come true!
Nicky Blakeney

Here's the gourd with the poem on it:
And here is the first gourd she designed about The Dream Bucket:

No comments: